Saturday, March 3, 2007

I Like Gum


I know everyone knows because of Ginger's lovely email, but I thought I'd share officially my good news: my very first children's book, "I Like Gum" will be hitting shelves this fall! And interestingly enough, pretty much the entire reason I got this lucky break was because of an on-line friend I'd made through another group I'm in. She was originally approached by the publisher to do this book but was too busy and recommended me. The publisher agreed to look at my work and the rest is history! So as if we didn't have reason enough to know the importance of these kinds of groups before, well, you just never know where the big break will come from! Even with all of the self-promotion I've done and continue to do, my first book literally fell right into my lap! THAT'S when you know it's meant to be! Thanks for all of the support, pb's! :) -Gina www.shenaniganbooks.com

4 comments:

trowbridge chronicles said...

Congratulations on your "I Like Gum" book, Gina. I'm sure that your first picture book will be one of your all-time most memorable experiences.

Anonymous said...

Big Congrats on your new book! Very exciting stuff. . .just wait to you hold the very first copy in your hand. There is nothing quit like it. Here's to a great success for your new venture.

Ginger*:) said...

Many Good Wishes Gina. I know the book will be a hit. Your illustrations are wonderful. And how wonderful that you made such a great connection through your professional contacts and group friends. It certainly was meant to be!

no longer here said...

Congratulations!! How exciting that first book must be, and it's nice to know the story behind it. It encourages us all. I like the cover illustration, too. You have a unique and fun style that kids will love. I can't wait to get a copy...