Sunday, March 18, 2007

GREEN!

Hey everyone! Knowing there was no way I would have time to create a brand new piece for "green"as I'm literally finishing the last few paintings of my book right now, this piece came to mind as an oldy but goody! I completed this one is way back when I was still using nothing but colored pencils (have switched over to oils now) and I call it "Teacup Torture." I did it for an SCBWI on-line contest a couple of years ago where the theme was something like show a child's experience at the fair. Well, all I could think of was my experience as a child when my poor father, who HATED amusement park rides, was forced to ride all of these crazy rides with me (as I was an only child) and he was just always on the verge of puking! I guess this would be sort of a "spin" on my interpretation of GREEN! :) -Gina

4 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Ha ha! That is so funny! I LOVE this illo, and the movement and the expressions and color and...everything! What fun!

Your poor dad. I did the same thing to my mom and we ended up having to leave after the tilt-a-whirl! : ) I still love that ride, though!

-kate

Sherry Rogers said...

Gina this really is such fun! Kate is right the colors are just wonderful and the action well, you can just feel the motion!

Great Job!

Ginger*:)* said...

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh I am feeling a bit green too just watching poor dad on this ride. Great movement and color and point of view and depth make this an excellent illustration.

Rebecca Sweet said...

I can relate. It reminds me of my daughter and me...spinning...spinning...spinning...oh yeah. The picture expresses the feeling well! Excellent depiction.