Friday, October 12, 2007

WHOOEEE!!!!!! Two Books for ZONDERKIDZ

Okay as I type this I am thinking I am crazy!! But. . .over the course of the next 8 months I will be doing 3 books!!!!!!! I cant' believe it!

A few days ago I was approached by Zonderkidz to do 2 books for them!!!! Yes 2 not just 1 but 2!! Can you tell I am jumping up and down!

I am just so darned excited I can't sit still. I have been dying to announce it and I just got permission today.

Zonderkidz is a Christian Publisher owned by Harper Collins Publishers!!!

My goal since I started this career was to work with a mainstream Christian Publisher! When I first started illustrating for kids five years ago I went into our local Bible Bookstore and looked at the children's books to see which books I liked and the names of the publishers who published them. Then I started including them on my list of promos mailers. I walked out the store that day with a book titled Who Made God? And of course it was published by non other than ZonderKidz! So working with them was definitely at the top of the list and a dream come true!!!!!!

Pardon my celebrating. . .but Wahoo!!!!

8 comments:

no longer here said...

I'm happy for you, Sherry. You've worked hard and prayed long to reach your goals. You're such a talented illustrator. God has truly blessed you. Congratulations. I'm excited for you!

Kathleen Rietz said...

This is so awesome Sherry! I am so happy for you. Congrats! I think it is a perfect fit for your style.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia Kelly said...

Sherry- you are a perfect fit!! I love Zonderkids- it is a great publishers and I bet it will be the start a of a LOT of projects!

Gina said...

That is awesome, Sherry! Congratulations!! Dreams coming true is the very biggest deal of all, I'm sure you are beyond cloud nine! Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do great!! :)

-Gina

trowbridge chronicles said...

CONGRATULATIONS, SHERRY!

It struck me when I read your announcement that I illustrated a Zonderkidz book several years ago, but I can't even remember anything about it, the name or anything. I forgot all about that book until you mentioned Zonderkidz.

I hope you have a thoroughly wonderful time with the three books, and don't get too stressed and overwhelmed.

Ginger*:) said...

You are the best! Congratulations! This is a wonderful opportunity to realize a dream. You should really enjoy these assignments, especially with your wonderful new "toy".... (Cintiq).

We used a lot of Zonderkidz material in our former Sunday School. When you are finished, let us know the titles so we can put them on our bookshelves.

Agyw said...

Oh Sherry, this couldn't happen to a more talented, deserving, wonderful person! I'm so happy for you! Like Ginger I'd love to be able to look for them! WOOOOOHOOOOOO TO YOU!!!!!

Love,
Agy