Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A LOVELY INTERVIEW


The author of the book I illustrated, "MY AFRICAN BEDTIME RHYMES", and I were recently interviewed by the Wandering Educators, A global community of educators sharing travel experiences. Every so often they will interview the authors and illustrators of children's books.

Brettell Hone the author, and I were interviewed and the results are on their website at:

I was especially pleased to contribute to this interview because the author has so much to offer children and adults in his tales from his home country. You will enjoy his comments, so I urge you to take a moment to read the interview.

7 comments:

Wandering Educators said...

we were so happy to interview ginger and brettell - learned a lot about both the author and illustrator - and her unique illustration process! thanks, ginger!

trowbridge chronicles said...

I just finished reading the interview, Ginger. I learned quite a bit about you that I didn't know. I didn't know you were once a doll maker. I'm glad you found your way into illustration.

Ginger*:) said...

Hi Bron,
Yes I did make quite a few soft sculptured dolls at one time. My teaching position was "X'd" to cut the budget and I needed some extra income for our daughter's college fund, so I started out with my own pattern and created about 1000 dolls over a 5 year period. They went to all parts of the US and even Germany , Israel, UK and China. It helped me a lot but it was extremely labor intensive. I still have three of the earliest ones that I keep for the reminder of why I will not be doing that again...at least I don't think so!

Amy C. Moreno said...

Ginger,

COngratulations on the wonderful interview. It must have been great fun to collaborate on that as well as on the book. What a terrific author and pub to work with. Your work is stunning there as always.

Unknown said...

Hey is there any other link to that....actually that link is not working in my browser.....so i would be pleased if you provide me some other link.....

Dimitri


Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Ginger*:) said...

Hi Dimitri,
THe link is working for me. Hopefully your browser can find it today. If not just google Wandering Educators and look for their Children's Books Section. THey review many good books for children.

Ginger*:) said...

Hi Dimitri,
THe link is working for me. Hopefully your browser can find it today. If not just google Wandering Educators and look for their Children's Books Section. THey review many good books for children.