Thursday, May 6, 2010

Little Piggy...


This little piggy was my doodle for today...

I am going to start trying to soften my illustration look...
I love my linework, but have found that a lot of jobs pass me by because it is too heavy for such soft looking characters.. I also want to toy around with making my digital work look more like a traditional method of painting or maybe even color pencil...

This was just something I did while on a break at the day job. It is done in Photoshop with a dry brush...

I like it for a quick sketch...

Your thoughts?

Oh, and I truly am sorry for not blogging in over a month.
I am working diligently on a book project because I have another project coming down the pipeline that will start this summer...

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

This is really nice, Nikki. I like the softening, but I also really like your other line work. There is a confidence about your work, no matter whether it is this style or the more bold. You have a great imagination as I can see from the book of yours I have. Great job on this and good luck on the next book.. Books!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Ginger!

I must apologize for not posting more often, but I have not done anything new that wasn't for a confidential project in a long time..

I have a HUGE project in the works, that I am dying to share, but cannot say a peep...

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

OOh don't I know the feeling. It's good to be working though! That's the best news LOL!!! I love this doodle. I love the technique and all. The color is really soft and beautiful. I totally get what you are saying about making the digital illustrations look more traditional. I have been working on this as well. It's a process. I'm still learning Photoshop and illustrator. I work in corel Painter XL. Your illustration does have that more hand done look with the dry brush. Looks really vintage like. Great job!

Roberta said...

I like this soft style Nikki... I enjoy all of your work! Good look with all of your future projects!