Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ginger Nielson


When I was working on Flying Poodles, A Christmas Story I needed a lantern for the barn where the reindeer were sleeping. I found a great looking one online and adapted the idea for this painting as well as for the Flying Poodles book. I really liked the way the light spread itself around the area.  Yes, I am sure the fox is only interested in an egg or two.  No hens will be harmed and it is pretty much a given that the mouse will sound the alarm long before the fox has fled.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this illustration as well! And what a wonderfull idea to learn kids to love books! well done!

Scott said...

Love the colors and the warmth you've created Ginger. Bravo!!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

The book looks fantastic!!!! Oh my goodness how fabulous! Great work once again Ginger. The colors are beautiful!!! It's been a long while. Pack up 47 years of life and moving it's south ain't easy. Just had to come by and see what you and the the rest of the crew were up too. Congrats on the new book.
It's wonderful.
V

Amy C. Moreno said...

Ginger,
The light effect from the lantern is captivating! You really got the feeling and effect down in such a magical way...this is marvelous!

Kathleen Rietz said...

I love this illustration, Ginger. Love the lighting, and the dappling of light created by the lamp! The whole illustration feels cozy.