Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm Excited!

I just ordered copies of this book I illustrated, "My New Pet", which I will have for sale at the SCBWI-IL gallery show in October. Click the link to my blog to find out more details.

Also, my illustration, "Symphony In The Pond", was chosen by the SCBWI-IL to be used on all of the gallery show's promotional materials! I am so excited I could probably implode! You can click to the SCBWI link from the post on my blog, and see a sampling of works by other amazing children's book illustrators.
©Kathleen Rietz

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate that is awesome on both counts! Totoally cool!!! Just love that frog. . .and I do have a thing for dragonflies!

Congratulations you deserve it!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Thanks Sherry, you are so sweet and supportive! Hey, I will email you soon. It has been so long, I know, but I have been going through a lot of change in my life and I miss our emails!

Gina said...

Wow, that is super exciting!! I think I would implode, too! Wonderful news and your illustrations look beautiful, no wonder you were chosen!!

-Gina

trowbridge chronicles said...

Wow! Congratulations on your pond illustration being chosen by SCBWI,Kathleen. What an honor

Kathleen Rietz said...

Thanks everyone!

Ginger*:) said...

Congratulations, Kate, The POND illustration is just wonderful.