Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Highlights Magazine


I'm so honored to have illustrated a wonderful Christmas poem by Eileen Spinelli in this month's issue of Highlights Magazine. Highlights - "the world's best-loved magazine" - how sweet is that!

The only thing I didn't realize was how dark and dull my illustration would print on magazine newsprint. The top is what it looks like in the magazine, and the bottom is how it's supposed to look. Hmmm... I'm hoping for more assignments from Highlights, and I'll be sure to up my brightness and colors next time around.

3 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

Even with the colors dark it still turned out wonderfully! I feel your pain though, I worked really hard for a mag assignment and when it finally came out, the reproduction was very faded.

Ginger*:) said...

All in all, and whatever the outcome... this is fantastic. The story is told, the children are all attentive and the family has gathered for a blessed evening.

Your work on this illustration is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Kristi it is a wonderful illustration! It celebrates Christmas, family and reading and you have done an excellent job of giving even more life to a great poem.

I have a friend who has done several illustrations for Highlights and she says the same. I think it is probably the course paper they use.

Congratulations!