Thursday, March 20, 2008

All About the Books and Beyond! ~ What about YOURS!



Have you illustrated ( or written and illustrated) some books you would like to share? Created a map, greeting card, or received a sensational review?
My Bookpage has grown over the past four years. I have been fortunate to work with some wonderful authors and small press publishers as well as some fantastic educational publishers.

Since most of the marketing and press is done by the publishers I need to check in once in a while to see what is happening with the books. Some have received awards, good reviews and wonderful articles in newspapers. But what I am most proud of is the way children react to them. I love seeing their faces as they look at my illustrations and read the charming stories or listen to me read the stories.

It must be the same for so many illustrators that are devoted to creating for children. Do you have a story to tell? Do children inspire and encourage your art? Post your response, and let others know how your illustrations can bring a smile or a tear to those who view them.

If you are a blogger, the link to your name will bring people to your site so they can view your work. Once there they can follow other links you may have to your personal website and beyond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful Ginger!

That is my favorite lady up there! I just love her. Congratulations on so may books! What a wonderful display of incredible art. You are a master and certainly deserve every bit of success you are enjoying!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Congrats Ginger! What a nice collection you have going. :)