Thursday, March 20, 2008

Read my first article for the SCBWI-IL!

Read my first attempt at writing for The Prairie Wind, the e-newsletter for the SCBWI-Illinois chapter. I love to draw and paint, but writing was a whole new venture for me! It was actually kind of fun, and I would definitely do it again if asked. The topic and article length were totally up to me. I chose to write about the history of my career as an artist, and why I now blog.

What do you think? What do you like most about blogging? Do you use it as a marketing tool? Networking? Creative support?

3 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Hi Kate, this is an excellent article. It really is so informative and can be so helpful to many. I think you should submit it to the national SCBWI magazine. They could use a lot more input from illustrators.

I really enjoyed reading it. *:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Kate! I think you did a fantastic job on the article. It was great to see the progression of illustration in the last 20 years. And the best thing is. . .you have kept up with technology and gone with the flow. It was wonderful to see that they showcased your art as well. Great job!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Thanks you two! You are so supportive. Hey, maybe I will submit to the natrional mag. I also think I want to wrte some more.