Monday, March 24, 2008

MY HOMECOMING SCHOOL VISIT

I recently returned to my alma mater elementary school for a week-long series of assemblies and workshops. The newspaper interviewed me while I was there. I posted the article here and it was up for about five minutes, but I thought it took up too much space, so I deleted it.

If anyone has questions about making seven hundred dollars (or even more) per day just for making a presentation at a school, I'll be glad to answer your questions. Schools pay a LOT more than publishers...you can take that to the bank. Bruce Degan gets four grand a day, last time I checked.

So here's a picture of me with one of the classes at the sign in front of my alma mater elementary school.

3 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow Bron, I am SO impressed! All that fun, and I had no idea school visits paid so well. I am sure the kids loved it, too! I do think you should post the article...or at least link to it. I would love to read it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bron that is so very fun! That is incredible that you get that much money for a school visit. When I did my initial checks on the local school visit market here. . .they said the budgets were very low for them. . .It would be great to hear how you handle your first calls and negotiations.

Ginger*:) said...

What a wonderful and giving human being you are.
You are worth every penny. And I know your visits inspire something wonderful in all the children.